Thursday, October 9, 2014

Beauty is More Than Skin Deep.

I saw this video as an ad on YouTube and just had to share it.  It deals with something that means so much more than fashion.  It deals with self love.  It was so touching to me because I cannot count the number of times I have heard a little girl say to Charm "you're so lucky to be skinny" or "I wish I was small like you".  It breaks my heart to think of what conversations must be taking place at home for a child to feel as though she isn't perfect just the way she is.

I had one parent to tell me that she didn't think little girls should be too confident.  I was in shock, because I can't imagine anyone (regardless of their age) having too much confidence and self worth... as long as they aren't looking down on others, of course.  The line between confidence and conceit isn't very thin at all.  There is a huge difference.

Not only do I encourage both of my children to love their bodies and take care of them because they only have one, but I also remind them daily of how beautiful/handsome they are.  In addition, I'm always conscious about the things I say about my own body when they are around because I know that they are always listening.  Self love is inherited.

The way a girl feels about her beauty starts with how you feel about yours.  -Dove



If you enjoyed the video as much as I did, please share it and share our blog as well!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment