Monday, August 3, 2015

Meeting Misty Copeland

This weekend I had the pleasure and honor of meeting THEE Misty Copeland at the Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History & Culture.
Saying that I was excited would be an understatement!


Hearing Misty's story gave me more hope than I could have ever imagined.  Seeing that she came from such a low place in life and used that as her motivation to soar to heights even beyond her wildest dreams was so amazingly profound.  For a person like myself who dreams so big, it was wonderful hearing a story of how someone who's dreams who were as big as my own came to reality through hard work and dedication.

  

Did I mention how down to earth she was???


The most amazing part of the day was when I was able to meet Misty personally and have my second book signed by her.  (My first one was signed by her and sent to me from one of my best friends in Japan.)  She was so friendly and down to earth.  Though I was completely star-struck I was able to express my admiration for her.  She seemed so grateful as though my words meant so much.  THAT meant a lot to me.

What's more???  SHE REMEMBERED ME FROM INSTAGRAM!!!!!  I think it's official.  I'm her love child!  HAHA...



I can't say enough how happy I am to have had a chance to meet and chat with Ms. Copeland.  I hope to someday reach the level she has as a dancer and maybe even grace the stage with her.  
Special thanks to the Reginald F. Lewis Museum for hosting such an amazing event; the beautiful Adrienne Lofton of Under Armour for acknowledging Ms. Copeland as the true athlete that she is and giving her a new platform at which to be seen, and Eric Hill of DCTV for helping my mom to make one of my dreams come true!  You all totally rock!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment