Thursday, May 15, 2014

Good Finds!

Ever come across a deal that's just too good to pass up?  That's happened to me more times than I can remember.  Sometimes I find myself debating if it's even worth it since the pieces I find are often so much larger than my kid's current sizes that it seems it would be a lifetime before they'll ever grow into them.  Then I think hard about how much I'll pay for that same item next year in a different color that may not even be as cute as this one and usually I end up saying - I'll take it! 

That's why I was pleased when my daughter got dressed for school this morning and was wearing this darling skirt I found several months ago at Justice (www.shopjustice.com).  She has such a tiny frame that I often struggle to find things to fit her waist but also fit her lengthwise.  This skirt which has an elastic waistband and is a size 7/8 was no different.  I was going through her closet this week pulling out this to take to the seamstress to have taken in and I came across this skirt that looked like it wouldn't be so hard to do myself... so that's what I did!  Now, I'm no seamstress by a long shot, but I did manage to take in this skirt just enough to fit her little waist and send her off with a smile. 

She happened to have a cute little navy top embellished with bows and sequins also an old find from Justice to wear with it that matched perfectly.  I don't recall an exact total (that's how long it's been), but I'm willing to estimate that this entire ensemble cost me less than $15.  Score for Mommy!!! 

I think I did a pretty good job and luckily she agreed.  Here's her OOTD which she'll proudly be wearing for her Author's Tea at school today. 


Please share some of your good finds with us!  We'd love to see the adorable pieces you've picked up for a steal of a deal!  And if you're usually one that usually refuses to buy an item to hold onto because it's just way too big or it's not in season... You may just want to rethink that next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment